Slackware Live: a live CD/DVD/USB solution for Slackware
Slackware Live is a live DVD/USB/NFS build and install tool written for Slackware / Slackware64 / Slackware-ARM Linux:
- support GPT and legacy MBR partitionned disks, UEFI and CSM (legacy / BIOS) booting
- contains all the necessary to convert an installed system to a live system and vice-versa;
- it doesn’t need any kernel recompile using SquashFS and OverlayFS;
- no changes are needed on the system to make live; the live system boots like an installed one (100% compatible with stock Slackware);
- support persistent changes;
SLI is a minimalistic and optional GUI to install or copy the live system (based on GTK).
- Slackware Linux
- Zenwalk Linux - their team was very helpful in defining requirements and testing - co-developers
- Linux-Live scripts - an other solution to create a live system
- Documentation about installing a system on an USB stick (from Martin Dowd)
Although this project is intended to Slackware Linux and tries to follow its principles of simplicity and robustness, Slackware-Live is independent: its flaws or any problem that may arise using it are not attributable to Slackware Linux.